Sync calendar with Exchange

At work we using MS Exchange for everything, at home I use my Nextcloud (of course).
Now I looking for the option to sync one calendar between Exchange and Nextcloud. I want to see what is in my work-Exchange-calender, when Iā€™m home and looking in the Nextcloud (browser) calendar.
An outlook app isnā€™t useful, because my working laptop isnā€™t all day online. And I canā€™t import the Nextcloud calendar (via CalDAV), because my Exchange work calendar is shared with other people.

So, what are my options to sync the Exchange with CalDAV or import the Exchange calendar to Nextcloud?

Ist that suitable for you?

I donā€™t know how?

The ā€˜Outlook CalDav Synchronizerā€™* helps me a little, bit this syncs only, when my laptop is online and Outlook is started.
The Exchange-Server ist 24/7 online, also the Nextcloud-Server ā€¦ so, I looking for a (Nextcloud-)Server-side solution.

'* https://github.com/aluxnimm/outlookcaldavsynchronizer/releases

Exchange has a CALDAV sync capability, if that is not disabled you can use that. Not aware of other options.

How can I use native CalDAV with Exchange? I donā€™t see a way ā€¦

Maybe DavMail is an option!? I have to try.

It is called iCAL in Exchange ā€¦ https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5139283/what-is-the-difference-between-icalendar-and-caldav

Iā€™m very sorry, but I still doesnā€™t have a idea what you mean. What should I ā€˜clickā€™ at Outlook or Nextcloud to ā€˜useā€™ those?

In the calendar app in NC, there is a subscribe option - with that you can just import such an ical link which you can create from Exchange if the option is enabled by your admin.

1 Like

The admin donā€™t know if itā€™s enabled. He canā€™t/wonā€™t look for it. And if not, he canā€™t/wouldnā€™t enable it.
Is there no other option?

Maybe a other tool which sync exchange and my Cal-/CardDAV at my server. Not at single client.

same question hereā€¦
Is there, 2 1/2 years later, maybe someone who came up with a way to pull, read only is fine, data from MS Exchange calendar into a new calendar in NC?

1 Like

Hi dosch,
there is no way directly in MS Outlook. Not a single one.

I have been using the following tool for almost 2 years: https://caldavsynchronizer.org/
It works very reliably if you are allowed to install it (had to be requested extra by me). Is free for private use.

BR
Chris

1 Like

thank you for coming back and sharing that knowledge @Crys!

Sadly my changes to get a custom install of that are nil as I work at a 10.000+ person organizationā€¦ and standardization and tight security are the alpha and omega of the IT dept. (and maybe rightly soā€¦)

1 Like

I came here with the same question, and appear to have solved it myself. I just opened our companyā€™s webmail (Outlook Online), and shared my work calendar with my personal email address. In the email I then received in my personal email account, there is a link to add the calendar.

If you extract the part of that link starting with ā€œwebcal://ā€ and ending with ā€œ.icsā€, you can simply copy/paste that link as the URL of a new calendar in your Nextcloud account.

I was also able to then sync this work calendar to my Android phone, although that required my to install the app icsX on top of the app davX5 which I already had configured.

I have not tried sharing this webcal calendar with anyone else on my Nextcloud instance, but I donā€™t see why that would not workā€¦

This is on Nextcloud 23.0.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing @zenlord ! unfortunately my orgā€™s admin only allows ā€œCan view when busyā€ for sharing outside the org. I suppose it will just be impossible for me to have a sync from EWS Outlook Calendar to Nextcloud that will actually show me what the appointments areā€¦

yeah, our admin does not even allow sharing when busy. Sharing to non-company mailadresses is not allowed at all