Sync Android with NextCloud

Hello,

I’ve noticed an issue with my Nextcloud setup where photos are being duplicated on my phone. Specifically, photos are stored in two locations on my device: the Nextcloud directory (“/storage/emulated/0/Android/media/com.nextcloud.client/nextcloud/[USER]@[SERVER]/InstantUpload/Camera”) and the default camera directory (“/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera”). Additionally, these photos are uploaded to the server.

My goal is to have photos saved only in the default camera directory (“/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera”) and uploaded to the server, without creating a duplicate copy in the Nextcloud directory on my device.

Could someone please advise on how to configure the Nextcloud app or my server settings to achieve this? I would like to avoid unnecessary duplication on my phone while ensuring my photos are safely backed up to the server.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

@Nash_rc did you find a solution to your problem? I’m currently facing the same issue

Did you perhaps set your InstantUpload folder (or its contents) to Download/Sync in the Android client?

I think I did at one point, but already removed it again. But I think my actual problem is, that I misunderstood the AutoUpload feature. I not only want to upload but I also want to sync. So DCIM has to be in the nextcloud folder … I will try to solve that with a symbolic link or will rethink how I want to store and access my photos