Suggestions for bookmarks sync?

Hi there,

Are alternatives to Floccus / Freedommarks extensions?

Thanks

Not that I know of, sorry. What are you missing in these extensions?

Right,

Freedommarks is a client, it logs into NC and retrieves your data, in practice, it is a bit buggy, it does not always work.

Floccus is a sync service, it downloads a copy from the cloud to your local bookmarks, that is cool, however, I am on a metered simm card connection, so I try to save some data by setting the sync timer to 1 day, but, maybe it is just me, it syncs every 15 mins regardless of the time I set, other than that, it works fine. Maybe an option to only sync manually?

So, I do not have a complain, more like I was wondering if there were other extensions with a different approach on how to interact with NC.

Thanks.

1 Like

it downloads a copy from the cloud to your local bookmarks

That’s only true for the first sync, actually. On subsequent syncs it should be quite efficient and download only the changed folders.

maybe it is just me, it syncs every 15 mins regardless of the time I set

I will investigate!

There’s also an android app for displaying bookmarks, which lacks some features. I’ll likely work on creating a floccus android app soon, though, which should allow using any mobile browser you like.

1 Like

I did not know that, that’s cool.

Yes, I use the NC app on android, and it does not sync with the browser, that would be neat too.

Thanks.