SSL Certificate, still trust issue to confirm

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 18.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian 10.4
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.38
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.14

The issue you are facing:

Running Nextcloud from a RaspberryPi. Have ‘mydomain’.de to display a common index page, Nextcloud has the subdomain cloud.‘mydomain’.de .

I got certificates from my domain provider, which is Ionos, and I put them into my certs directory and added the respective paths to both enabled-site configs.

Visiting the website in a browser, I get no issues what so ever, but for the clients I always need to confirm to trust the certificate? I personally wouldn’t bother, but this way I can’t add files and directories from other Nextclouds.

Any suggestions on what I made wrong? I am not completely nooby, but still not very advanced in knowlege.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): y

First thing to do is confirm your browser is being presented the correct certificate. For example, with Firefox you can click the shield icon on the left of the address bar. You could also pull it with OpenSSL.

openssl s_client -connect cloud.mydomain.de:443 | openssl x509 -text

And make sure the certificate is valid for the hostname in the address bar. The name must exactly match a name on the certificate unless you have a wildcard.

Hey, thanks for your reply.
As far as I can tell, it all seems to work.

I digged into the certificate and found nothing unusual. Its valid for *.“mydomain.de

K, found my mistake. I thought the certificate and the key file would be enough, since the browser did not complain.
Turns out I still need the intermediate certificate file.