"spryCloud has stopped working" on Windows 7

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version 2.5.0.17 (client):
Operating system and version Windows 7 SP 1:
Apache or nginx version N/A:
PHP version N/A:

The issue you are facing:
Every time spryCloud client tries to start up, I get the message “spryCloud has stopped working”. This has been occurring since about 9 Sep 2018 on the current version of the client shown as well as an earlier one. I searched the entire hard drive for files/directories with names that contain the case-insensitive regex ‘.sprycloud.’ or ‘.nextcloud.’. Other than the files listed below, I only found log files, but none dated later than 9 Sep 2018.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? N:

Steps to replicate it:

1. Run spryCloud

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

N/A

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

N/A

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

N/A

Other:
Details provided with error message from Windows:

_Files that help describe the problem:_ [I have these files]
C:\Users\hyat.hu\AppData\Local\Temp\WER97EC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\hyat.hu\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCCE1.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\hyat.hu\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF5B6.tmp.mdmp

_Additional possibly related files, all dated today:_
C:\Users\hyat.hu\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_sprycloud.exe_26d0269aee5870473419a294c07ce0e731f1feee_cab_0a9668e1\Report.wer [23 KB]
C:\Users\hyat.hu\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_sprycloud.exe_84c5daf35aa709f7c7243b2c2e7493243da40d0_13b4eaac\Report.wer [23 KB]
C:\Users\hyat.hu\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_sprycloud.exe_84c5daf35aa709f7c7243b2c2e7493243da40d0_1162cd4d\Report.wer [23 KB]

@hugh Please try using the official Nextcloud client. (Unfortunately, since we use a custom client, the community most likely will not help you while using ours)

Please note: Our custom client does not support 32-bit OS. Nextcloud official 2.3 client should.

If you still can’t figure out the issue after trying the official Nextcloud client, please go ahead and open a support ticket with us here: https://www.spryservers.net/clients/submitticket.php

Thank you,
Tab Fitts
Spry Servers, LLC

Thank you! Somehow I completely missing the switch from spryCloud to Nextcloud.

1 Like