Sorry NextCloud 2.3.3 has crashed error on Mac

Hi there,

I have the latest stable release of the NextCloud sync client (v2.3.3) installed on my Mac running iOS 10.9.5.

When I run the application I get a ‘Nextcloud has crashed’ error and it produces the following log. I have removed the client and installed an earlier version which works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Kind Regards,

Pete Thompson

/Applications/nextcloud.app/Contents/MacOS/nextcloud --logfile ~/Desktop/nc.log.txt

m_crashReporterChar: /Applications/nextcloud.app/Contents/MacOS/nextcloud_crash_reporter

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _LSCopyApplicationURLsForBundleIdentifier

Referenced from: /Applications/nextcloud.app/Contents/PlugIns/platforms/libqcocoa.dylib

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices

dyld: Symbol not found: _LSCopyApplicationURLsForBundleIdentifier

Referenced from: /Applications/nextcloud.app/Contents/PlugIns/platforms/libqcocoa.dylib

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices

m_crashReporterWChar: /Applications/nextcloud.app/Contents/MacOS/nextcloud_crash_reporterDump file was written to: /var/folders/3p/sw00gd515278vlwxgnv8ls0c0000gn/T/FBF77F1F-9337-4602-BB6C-643B182DA876.dmp

Please check on the bug tracker if this issue is known:

They currently test the newest release. So if you want to help you can test it and check if that version is better. If it still crashes, please report it.

Hi,

Thank you for the response on this. Could you confirm where I can download the latest/beta version of the NextCloud sync client for Mac you refer to below?

Many thanks,

Pete

1 Like

Hi,

I was wondering if there was an expected release date for the official 2.5.0 release for Mac?

Many thanks,

Pete

Peter Thompson

The Human Chain

Mobile : +44 (0) 7590 991 707

e-mail : peter.thompson@thehumanchain.com

www.thehumanchain.com

The Human Chain Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3530984.

Office : Magdalen Centre, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA, UK

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail

www.digitalservicestoolkit.com

cid:7047F87A-7D04-477C-8ECD-EEB05F8ABD28

Nothing was announced yet. I suppose the release date depends on the testing results of the RC 2 candidate. If you want to use this client, it would be great to test it in your environment, this way you will be sure that it is working for you as well. If nothing major is found, I hope they’ll get it out this month.

2.5 version is out: