Some of your link shares have been removed - 15.0.8

I’ve updated from 15.0.7 to 15.0.8 and I get the following notification:

This is great, but which links have been removed? I am very sorry, but you can’t just delete some of my stuff without telling me what you have done. Can you please tell me which links those were? I have a lot of links thus I do not know them by heart. I need to know what you have removed.

(I also searched for similar issues but none are on nc15 and none were answered.)

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.8
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Linux
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.39
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.2.18

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. update from 15.0.7 to 15.0.8

Nothing useful in the logs.

4 Likes

My guess is that the message is issued erroneously, and that nothing gets removed.
I have just one single link share, I get the message everytime I log in, and I still have the share…

The problem is that I can’t be sure, since I have so many links.

Therefore, I’d like some info from the devs. Is there a log file that shows the links that were removed? Nothing was in the nextcloud.log, but I don’t know, if the process just doesn’t log anything or if nothing has been removed (and the message was thus emitted in error).

In any case, you can’t just notify a user that something has been removed without telling you what it was.
The link to a security advisory, which is low and does not justify removing any of your stuff, is a mockery.

3 Likes

I am seeing the same message every time I log in. There is no information about what shares may have been removed but at first sight everything is there.

Very annoying though.

And still no answer from any dev.

Same thing for me tessus. I received a notification via the Android app earlier this evening, and a message from the desktop client just now. There’s no mention of a specific link, and no actual link to click on for more information. I updated to 15.0.8 earlier today from 15.0.6.

I’ve entered a new issue since the original issue addressing this was closed too quickly. Please chime in.

yes, put in an other prospective, 1789548254 files for 11.7 To and 85 users !!!

I am thinking taking a vacation to find out witch files, but my boss said no to my request ! :slight_smile: