Some of my file are gone but not all of them

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 28.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Unraid
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.2.13

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. No steps needed just about half my files dont show up

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Not going to help as the last logs where mysql not showing up as I did not configure the .php file yet 

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

![image|569x499](upload://orP4lpXGsZhFGSlQAtu7sGRzMRl.png)

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

No data in the Nginx log

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

Dont have anything useful in www and not sure where the other thing is.

That is my issue right now I can see the data and all the files its just nextcloud cannot.

This description is absolutely incomprehensible to me! It contradicts itself, because if you can see all the files, how can you see them if not through Nextcloud? So why shouldn’t Nextcloud be able to see them?

So if you want help, you should describe in much more detail where exactly you expect which files and where you can still see them.

Much luck,
ernolf

1 Like

Sorry should have been more specific.

In unraid I can go into the folder containing the data within unraid and see the files that were put in and created, not in nextcloud UI itself.

Next Cloud is pointing to the correct file to be able to see all the data and it shows some of it as it is pointing to the right place.

I am thinking it may be an indexing issue but I am unsure how to reindex the docker container within unraid.

Exactly!

You should run

occ files:scan --all

I’m assuming that the files are in the file structure generated by Nextcloud, i.e. within the folders of the respective user to whom the files belong as described → here ←

Much luck,
ernolf

1 Like

Yes they are in that file structure.

So that command will work in the docker container. I’ve seen that one before but I didn’t know if it only worked in the server installation version and not the docker version.

Thanks for your help. I’ll give that a shot and get back to you.

That did it!!

Thank you sir.