Some files have not passed the integrity check index.html missing

Nextcloud 19.0.0; Debian 10 (Buster); php 7.3; Apache 2.4.3.8

Iā€™m getting an error message from NC Admin overview. It says that some files have not passed the integrity test. When I look at the list of files it tells me that index.html is missing. I would just create one, but I canā€™t think for the life of me what it would need to have in it.
NC loads and everything Iā€™ve tested so far seems ok.
Iā€™d be grateful if anyone has any ideas about what to do.

This is a long shot but I will try. Do you have index.html under ā€œ/root_directory/dataā€ folder
ex: my setup is /var/www/nextcloud/data

If you donā€™t have one just create a blank index.html file.

Iā€™ve noticed I sometimes get weird errors like this too. You can usually reinstall and the problem goes away.

However, it might be easier to simply create the file. My index.html is pretty simple, and only contains:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
        <script> window.location.href="index.php"; </script>
        <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=index.php">
</head>
</html>

It goes in the same directory as index.php. Donā€™t forget to chown and chmod your index.html appropriately so there are no issues updating etc later. (Mine is set as chmod 644.)

Hope that helps!

Many thanks for replying. I have been off doing something else for a bit so Iā€™ve only just looked at your reply.
Iā€™ve tried what you said. This didnā€™t solve the problem. I think NC is upset because a checksum doesnā€™t match Iā€™ve listed the error file below.
Iā€™ve tried putting index.html in both the /var/www/cloud directory and the /var/www/cloud/data directory. Iā€™ve also tried putting the very long number below in the header of the html file. None of this works. Itā€™s been suggested that I should re-install, but this is a lot of work.
My thought is that I should just leave it. Would you advise this?

Technical information

The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results

• core
    • FILE_MISSING
      • index.html

Raw output

Array
(
[core] => Array
(
[FILE_MISSING] => Array
(
[index.html] => Array
(
[expected] => 2789086dee14a175b3c2b1ccdc1e201d44d37f5ae850522872bd34d2d6bb740531d510b4cd90c2af5b9599633d1b8c91b681291442ac4fd3c656a5b472274370
[current] =>
)
)
)
)

Hi DarkSteve
Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Iā€™ve actually been off doing other things for the last few days so Iā€™ve only just had time to read and try out your suggestions. Sadly it didnā€™t work. Iā€™ve replied to JDePerio, who kindly suggested a solution, with what I think the problem is. Iā€™m minded just to ignore it as everything works so aside from techical pride thereā€™s not much reason to take up time fixing it. I would be interested in your opinion on this.

Technical pride will be my downfall, too!

Go with what JDePerio says. Iā€™m on FreeBSD, so my file locations and package management will be different. That said, the ā€œindex.htmlā€ should still be in the same location as ā€œindex.phpā€ regardless.

I still think the contents of my ā€œindex.htmlā€ file should be identical to yours (since they should both be from Nextcloud). However, when I post the contents to the forum, it changes the formatting (e.g. the whitespace), which will change the checksum.

But if your system works, then stick with it! At some point in the future, hopefully an update will replace or update the missing file :upside_down_face:

You can try opening the zipped copy of nextcloud and just extract the index.html file(s). This way you will have the original copy

A bump for this one. I too have this problem and after adding the index.html file the error changes from ā€˜missingā€™ to: - core
- INVALID_HASH
- index.html

I saw some sudo commands which might re-hash or something but I wonder: will this re-hashing thing do its job once there an upgrade in near future?

Everything works in Nextcloud except the internal server error when clicking on ā€˜Systemā€™ in Nextcloud. And nginx giving me these errors:

2023/01/23 08:14:57 [error] 25022#25022: *556 access forbidden by rule, client: 92.60.40.197, server: nextcloud.watnuwel.nl, request: ā€œGET /data/.ocdata?t=1674461697595 HTTP/2.0ā€, host: ā€œnextcloud.watnuwel.nlā€.

Nextcloud gives me this error in the log:

Fout index Exception: Call to undefined function OCA\ServerInfo\OperatingSystems\shell_exec() in file ā€˜/home/nextclouduser/webapps/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.phpā€™ line 248

Any thoughts?