[solved] Which application for Tasks on Android

Hello
I would like to know which is the best application to consult/modify Nextcloud Tasks on android ?
Thanks in advance.
VGR

Hi, I always suggest this one:

2 Likes

I like https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.dmfs.tasks/

Thanks a lot for your replies
@szaimen : I am not sure about which is the good application to install. Do you have the “playstore” link ?
@ChristophWurst : I tried to add my nextcoud serveur, but it tell me that the account already exist (probably due to the “nextcloud” application installed on my android to have file synchronisation

Thanks again.
VGR

I would suggest installing the tasks app over f-droid:
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.tasks/

I second this. I have been using tasks.org for some time now and it’s working flawless.
One nice thing about the app is, that you can connect to your Nextcloud directly without the need for DAVX5.

Do you use DAVx5? I think usually you first install the tasks app, then configure DAVx5 and the tasks app will automatically have access to the calendars configured in DAVx5.

1 Like

Hello.
I do not know if I use DAVx5… Probably not if I do not know it…
How can I confirm that point ?
Another point is that I think my nextcloud server is not well configured because I have error/warning message in the settings/Overview panel
I will try to solve all these errors and come back to you later.
Thanks again
VGR

Hello
After a good configuration of apache2 for Nextcloud (specialy well-known rewrite options) The DAV synchronisation is OK with OpenSync appli and tasks are readable and writable in OpenTask apply.
Thanks again for your help.
Have a nice day.
VGR.

1 Like

Hi Gonzales, i am new in nextcloud. Appreciated if you could help to advise me on how to connect the tasks.org in my android to nextcloud and use it there. Tqvm

Hi @VincentTanKS ,
I’m late to the party but here are the steps I followed:

1- in the Nextcloud Tasks, look in the left side bar. Create a tasks list if you don’t have any, and click the 3-dots button on any task list. In the options, there is an entry “copy private link”, click it: the link is now in your clipboard, keep it somewhere because you will need it on your phone.

2- In the tasks app, click the options menu (3 bars in the lower left corner), and select “parameters”. Click “add an account” near the top. In the options proposed, select CalDAV (I think you can also use DAVx5 but they say some features are not supported). Then, you have to fill in your nextcloud credentials: username, password, and the URL that you got in step 1. In “server type”, select “Nextcloud”. Save the settings (with the “save” icon on the top-left corner).

Hope this helps !

Not sure if it’s just after an update now but for me it worked a little easier after this thread put me on the right track.
I could just go the same way to add an account. Then select Nextcloud as server type and URL is the root domain of my nextcloud instance https://cloud.example.com/. Simply enter user and password and all my task lists are synchronized now. No need to use the private links of each task list.