[SOLVED] Website will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.2.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): 20.04.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.18.0
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.3

I replicate here a question posted on the ownpad github because I feel it’s not specifically related to ownpad.

Using the ownpad app, we’ve been able for years now to open embedded pads within NC.
Lately, the self hosted mail systems on the same server (iredmail) have been updated to a new release. Since then, we get the following error:

• using FF: Website will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it

• using Brave (or any chrome derivatives): pad.*ourdomain* does not allow connection. (n'autorise pas la connexion in french)

In both cases it is possible to open the pads, externally, i.e. not embedded in NC.

No changes in Etherpad 1.8.7 settings.json, no changes in NC config file.

So far I did not find errors in logs, but maybe I’ve not been searching enough.

Any clue? Where should I search for information related to this issue?

I finally found this error in the browsers consoles:

Refused to display 'https://pad.ourdomain/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

So I commented out the lines in the nginx configuration files where I found X-Frame-Options (for instance in conf-available/headers.conf which is under control of iRedMail as it is written in its header) and it looks like it’s sorted out…