[SOLVED] Opcache module not properly configured

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian 12
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.57
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.2.7

The issue you are facing:

Admin Overview shows:

The OPcache interned strings buffer is nearly full. To assure that repeating strings can be effectively cached, it is recommended to apply opcache.interned_strings_buffer to your PHP configuration with a value higher than 8.

I’ve read up on this error in a number of places and there are a number of different answers, which seem to change over time. I suspect location of files, settings etc is probably dependent on distro, php version, etc.

Before I upload any logs or config files, which I’m happy to do, does anyone have a quick idea of where that interned_strings_buffer setting needs to be set because it seems to exist in a number of different places. I think the one my system is using is set to 8, so either I need to make it higher? Or I have the wrong one set?

Or if you need more details on my config to help, let me know what I should share for assistance.

Muchas gracias

Okay, solved my own problem. Changed the setting from 8 to 16. Warning gone. So I guess I did have the right one set, just too low.

For the record, in my case it is

/etc/php/8.2/apache2/php.ini

where the settings reside.

And now I have confirmation that I set it in the right place because the warning returned this time mentioning 16 not 8, so I guess up we go although I also suspect this is not mission critical.

Maybe this post is of any help: Nextcloud 23.02 OPcache interned strings buffer - #5 by MichaIng

TL;DR: The optimal value depends on your usage, how many and what apps you are using, whether you serve other PHP sites on the same server etc…

I have since set the value to 64, although this is probably overkill, and have never seen the warning again.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.