Sometimes it happens or is mandatory that some LDAP users (Microsoft Server 2016 in this case), like admins or other technical accounts, do NOT have any name or surname in the object listed.
Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 14.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): ubuntu 16.04LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): apache 2.4.18
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0
The issue you are facing: nc-ldap is not showing any user who has empty name & surname fields.
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y
Steps to replicate it:
- create AD-User
- remove users name/surname
- rescan AD
- users without name/surname wont be listed at all and therefore cannot log in
The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
no log shown whatsoever
So the questions are:
- Is this a behaviour by design or simply got forgotten to cover?
- anyone else seen the same issue?
- Is there a workaround for this, except for filling name and surname into AD-Object?
thanks in advance!