[SOLVED] Issues after migration from Owncloud 9.x

Hi folks,
I am happy to have migrated from Owncloud to Nextcloud. I can see a lot of development has been done on NC, making it streets ahead of OC.

Here’s my issue, which I’d appreciate some assistance with.

I was running OC 9.x (not sure exactly which version, but one from around late 2016).
I upgraded it to the latest 9.x (I think it was 9.09) of OC.
After that I had issues accessing the Contacts and Calendar apps. I could still share the files in the Files app.
I was going to try resolving it on OC, and then figured I’d migrate to NC and see if the problem resolved itself.
I did a successful migration to latest 9.x version of NC.
Issue persisted.
I then updated (using automatic updater in the Admin dashboard) to upgrade to latest 10.x version.
The issue persisted, only now I also can’t see any files in the Files app. All three apps fail to load, and I also can’t load the Apps dashboard (the spinning loading indicators spin forever).

So, it looks like I’ve been very successful in making a bad situation into an even worse one. Argghhh…

I have the backups I made before doing the initial OC update to the latest OC 9.x release.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about resolving this, whilst keeping my calendar and contact data in tact ?

Thanks…

Hi,

Could you please provide some logs? I guess there will be some error messages that will lead into the right direction how to solve this problem.

Some further details about the server will be helpful, too. What is the exact version of NC? 10.3 then? What OS and which version of it are you running?
Apache or nginx and which version?

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions.
The server is a shared hosting environment (SiteGround).
Since writing, the Files view has started working. I can now see the files stored on the cloud.

The Calendar app results in the following rendering issue:

As you can see, there’s some raw code showing up. The page breaks, and clicking “Settings and Import” doesn’t work.

The Contacts app simply results in a blank page. As a new user I can’t put a second image to show you what this loks like. So I’ll put it into a new reply below.

And the Settings menu moves up a little when clicked, but does nothing.

Server info:

Nextcloud:
10.0.3 (stable)

PHP INFO
Version: 7.0.17
Memory Limit: 768.0 MB
Max Execution Time: 3600
Upload max size: 128.0 MB

Database
Type: mysql
Version: 5.6.28
Size: 17.7 MB

Security & setup warnings

The “X-XSS-Protection” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “1; mode=block”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
The “X-Content-Type-Options” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “nosniff”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
The “X-Robots-Tag” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “none”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
The “X-Frame-Options” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “SAMEORIGIN”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
The “X-Download-Options” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “noopen”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
The “X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “none”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not configured to at least “15552000” seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.
No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.

LOG FILES
Can I attach files in this forum system? Having trouble finding a way to do it. Should I upload them elsewhere, and provide a link? Or just paste the data into a message?

The image of what Contacts page looks like:

See here:

Okay… So I had a feeling perhaps it didn’t like PHP 7.0.17. So I downgraded the PHP version to 5.6.30.

Now the contacts interface is working. Excellent.

Should it be 7 compatible? I can enable 7.0.17 or 7.1.3. I tried 7.1.3 and got the error message NC is not compatible with that. So, I assume it is meant to be compatible with 7.0.17, as that doesn’t give me that message.

[UPDATE RE PHP: I’ve re-activated v7.0.17 and it’s not resulted in Contacts and Apps dashboard from failing.]
As for Calendar… It still displays the raw code as per the screenshot I provided. Except that now the “Settings and Import” menu works. Meaning, I can click it, and it pops up and displays the settings and import options. So, some progress there.

I’ve also managed to get the Tasks app working.

BROWSER: I have tried it in Safari (previous tests were in Chrome. This is all on OS X.). The Calendar app doesn’t show the raw JS code, but it is still breaking. See here:

So, only issue (that I know of) is the faulty Calendar app.

CALENDAR:

I manually updated the Calendar to 1.5.3, because I noticed it was using 1.4.1, which was outdated.
That’s improved the calendar interface (I suppose), in that more of the side bar is loading. It now looks like this:

(no idea why, but the forum is now saying I cannot post a link to that host… namely snag.gy… so I have used Google Shortener to mask it).

The forum discovered your three answers as Spam I guess. Guess it is better to edit the older answers.

Have you tried to disabled an re- enable the Calendar app? After an update it solved a problem for me with the PDF viewer app.

As far as I know NC supports PHP7. I am using PHP 7.0.15 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Yeah. looks like it. Actually, it forced me to write more than one post, as it would not let me put more than one image (screentshots) into a single post. I had three images, so had to create three posts.

Yes, I tried disabling the Calendar app. Actually, one of my posts above mentions that I ended up deleting the existing Calendar app (v 1.4.1), and installing the latest one (v1.5.2). That made some partial improvements to it loading, but it still gets stuck.

I’ve discovered Calendar app is not working because it is looking for files in apps/calendar/js/public/ (js and css), but that folder does not exist.

Since everything else seems to have resolved on its own accord, I’ll post a bug report directly to the Calendar app developers.

Thanks.

btw I’ve upped your user state so you won’t be marked as spam anymore. Welcome :wink: