[SOLVED] Docker upgrade 13.0.4 to 13.0.5 MySQL error

Just tried to update to 13.0.5, 13.0.4 was working perfectly, but now I’m getting the following error;

> [Thu Aug 02 16:55:31.783978 2018] [php7:error] [pid 33] [client 172.21.0.2:49026] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\\DBAL\\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /var/www/html/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\\DB\\Connection->connect()\n#1 /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()\n#2 /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()\n#3 /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()\n#4 /var/www/html/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(151): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)\n#5 /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\\DB\\Connection->__construct(Array, Object(Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDOMySql\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\DBAL\\Configuration), in /var/www/html/lib/private/DB/Connection.php on line 64

I’ve also tried a fresh install with the same result, NC will not connect to MySQL. I had a perfectly working config prior to this upgrade attempt.

Any ideas??

See here - https://github.com/nextcloud/docker/issues/395

Add

command: --default_authentication_plugin=mysql_native_password

to your mysql compose file