[SOLVED] Connect Nextcloud 20.0.1 with Moodle and remain logged in

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.1)_:
Operating system and version (Ubuntu Server 20.04)
Apache 2.4.41
PHP version 7.4

The issue you are facing:

I am able to connect my university’s moodle account in the backend and have all three possible categories available in the new dashboard. However after a short time I seem to be disconnected again, for in the backend even the username is not available in the setup-card and the dahsboard-notification card is empty and only three dots without any information is existing.

I tried to log-on / log-off several times and cleared cached files

Steps to replicate it:

1. Enter user credentials in the setup card for the official moodle-plugin that ships for NC20 (Official release no beta /nightly)
  2. After a time (unfortunately no pattern here - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15 minutes…) my account is logged out of Moodle and the credentials are removed in the setup card (only the server-address stays)
  3. re-enter details - the connection is back again and the process repeats itself.

Is there anything I can adjust in Nextcloud core (eg. with a cron job to reset my login) or is this due to a possible automated log-off by my university? I am using the moodle-app on Android as well and there I don’t have any forced log-offs.

Any tips or help on the matter is highly appreciated.

You can file a request for this oin the project github repository here. Check the other issues to see if they relate. Good luck.

Issue is fixed in current stable release of the plugin.