Operating system (eg, Windows/Ubuntu/…): Ubuntu Server 22.04 lts

Talk Android version (eg, 14.0.2): 18.1.0

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Follow Nextcloud Snap install guide
  2. Enable Talk
  3. Start call or message

I’m a Nextcloud newbie, I installed it yesterday on my old laptop with an i3-2350m 2c/4t 2.5ghz 6gb ram and a decent 100mbits Internet connection.
I connected my nextcloud to the Internet via a cloud flare domain I bought.
I’m having performance issues with talk, where sending and receiving messages takes up to 10 secs, when apps like Whatsapp exist, makes it an unpleasant experience. Also connecting to a video or audio call takes up to 20 secs. I’m using it with my family but these issues happen with a 2 person call. Only config I changed is giving PHP 2gb max ram allocation. Didn’t help as much as I though it would.
Idle CPU and RAM usage are ~1.5% and 800mb respectively. My Server/laptop is connected via WiFi but again, it’s decent
Just a reminder I’m new to this so if theres any obvious config, please tell me.
Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Hey, can you share some details about your webserver and Nextcloud config? Two things that come to my mind:

1. Server system requirements - Nextcloud Talk API documentation
  2. No distributed cache configured (Memory caching — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation)
1 Like

I have tried applying a distributed and local memcache. After multiple errors I decided to switch over to the Nextcloud AIO installation, because it’s more Tinker friendly. The talk app is much quicker now and also a newer version. Thanks nonetheless.