SNAP install with RAID1 for data

I have a build for Nextcloud using Ubuntu 22.04. It has 3 drives and a pair are a mdadm RAID 1 array. The system is installed on, and boots from, the single drive that is not part of the array. I have failed at installing the SNAP of Nextcloud trying to get it to use RAID array mounted at /media/nextcloud/data. The data seems to go to /var/snap/nextcloud/common/nextcloud/data. Is it possible to mount the array at a location that will not require changing the default data storage location? Is there a preferred way to use the RAID array for data without making it the boot drive? I have tried to permit SNAP to use external storage and indicated this in the config.php but that did not work.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
scott

once installed create a share (NFS?) and mount it onto your server. once mounted create a link to the public in the var/… folder from the mounted folder ( I use /mnt ).

then change the entries in the config file for external storage…

Hello,

Check this out → Files inside of External storage won’t show in nextcloud (Snap Package) - :information_source: Support - Nextcloud community

Thanks

Thanks! I have abandoned using the SNAP. It was easier to configure with a manual setup.
scott

1 Like