Snap. Errors when update or install new packages

Hello team,

I’ve installed a Nextcloud 24.0.3 from snap on Ubuntu 22 with php8.0 . Recently I’ve tried to configure external storage but I can not found the option SMB/CIFS otherwaise I found the error:

“smbclient” is not installed. Mounting of “SMB / CIFS”, “SMB / CIFS using OC login” is not possible. Please ask your system administrator to install it. / “smbclient” No instalado. El montaje de “SMB/CIFS”, “SMB/CIFS con inicio de sesión OC” no es posible. Por favor, pide a tu administrador del sistema que lo instale.
In the Ubuntu Host I’ve already installed the packages requireds included smbclient, php-smbclient, and samba. How can I install it on the snap?

Also I have the problem with the imagick ext.
This instance is missing some recommended php modules. For better performance and compatibility it is recommended you install them.

• imagick / * El módulo PHP “imagick” no está habilitado, y la aplicación Temas sí lo está. Para que la generación de favicon funcione correctamente, es necesario instalar y habilitar este módulo.

How can I install packages to the snap, please team I apreciate your help in this matter.

Many others have run into the exact issue. I suggest searching the forum, but as I recall, there was no easy way to add smbclient to the snap.

I’m in the same boat right now. It’s really hard to search for this answer because NextCloud and PHP have changed in version many times. That and between Nexcloud being able to be installed in Docker, Snaps, or directly on the OS, there are so many different ways to NOT work.

Hello,

If you mind to post? What is the question?

If the question is, storing data to external storage under a Snap Installation, then check this out → Files inside of External storage won’t show in nextcloud (Snap Package) - :information_source: Support - Nextcloud community

Thanks