SMB Files & Folder - Share Link Not Working | Docker on Debian using Tailscale VPN

Help !!! please not able to share the SMB Share files & folders

I’m able to view the files but not able to share any of the SMB Files & Folders on Web nor Mobile

On Web - I’m not able to view the share option

On Mobile - i can see the share link but when i try i get this

Error from Logs
{“reqId”:“RhWMCPlOAnTydKsDvczl”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-09-19T05:46:13+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“100.82.207.6”,“user”:“rayai”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:“/ocs/v2.php/apps/files_sharing/api/v1/shares?format=json”,“message”:“You are not allowed to share DHA70002.JPG”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (iOS) Nextcloud-iOS/4.0.6”,“version”:“22.1.1.2”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“OCP\Share\Exceptions\GenericShareException”,“Message”:“You are not allowed to share DHA70002.JPG”,“Code”:404,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/html/lib/private/Share20/Manager.php”,“line”:719,“function”:“generalCreateChecks”,“class”:“OC\Share20\Manager”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[{“class”:“OC\Share20\Share”}]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/apps/files_sharing/lib/Controller/ShareAPIController.php”,“line”:657,“function”:“createShare”,“class”:“OC\Share20\Manager”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[{“class”:“OC\Share20\Share”}]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:217,“function”:“createShare”,“class”:“OCA\Files_Sharing\Controller\ShareAPIController”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[{“class”:“OC\Files\Node\File”},17,3,null,“false”,“”,null,“”,“”]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:126,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files_Sharing\Controller\ShareAPIController”},“createShare”]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php”,“line”:156,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files_Sharing\Controller\ShareAPIController”},“createShare”]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/lib/private/Route/Router.php”,“line”:301,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:“::”,“args”:[“OCA\Files_Sharing\Controller\ShareAPIController”,“createShare”,{“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”},{“_route”:“ocs.files_sharing.ShareAPI.createShare”}]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/ocs/v1.php”,“line”:62,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[“/ocsapp/apps/files_sharing/api/v1/shares”]},{“file”:“/var/www/html/ocs/v2.php”,“line”:23,“args”:[“/var/www/html/ocs/v1.php”],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:“/var/www/html/lib/private/Share20/Manager.php”,“Line”:282,“Hint”:“You are not allowed to share DHA70002.JPG”,“CustomMessage”:“–”},“id”:“6146cea6255b8”}

Maybe to obvious, but you need to enable sharing from the external files admin settings options.ExternalStorageEnableSharing-Screenshot at 2021-09-24 09-25-29

1 Like