Slow upload and download speed on raspberry pi

well it is already running of a ssd. but what would u put in that ramdisk? id would have to load it into there every boot i assume

for anyone seeing this, i was having an issue with php-fpm where it would grind to a halt on a lot of small file uploads via web brwoser. i noticed it was running out of “child” processes. i increased it to around 20 and it started behaving normal again

Not sure if it is worth the effort. Perhaps some of the temporary folders for uploads, but it’s tricky because you must be sure not to run out of RAM and in this case the system can become very unstable and of course won’t perform well.

Yeah, wel ram isnt an issue right now and speed isnt either anymore. Im verry satisfied with the performance on my pi4. Thank you for the sugestion

1 Like

Same problem here, I‘m using the official Nextcloud Docker Image on my Pi 4 2GB with an external SSD.

I can write @110MB/s via Samba without a problem, but uploading to Nextcloud is somehow stuck at 15-20MB/s.

Nextcloud seems to be stuck at a single core, is there any way to improve this?

Have you seen the solution to this post? Use php-fpm. For more perf try to get php7.4 on Ur pi

Yea, but I was wondering if you could go even further.

But it looks like the upload function itself isn’t able to use more than one core.
Maybe one of the developers can confirm this?

@rakekniven

@iandk0 I am not a developer. Am your servant here in the forum :wink:

The pi is able to use all cores via php-fpm. But it did notice that my max is limited to 20 due to Apache being able to use 1 core. I believe there was a way to split it up over mutlie cores, but I don’t think it wil change much due to all the cores busy with php-fpm