Sixth beta of Nextcloud 25

The sixth beta of Nextcloud 25 is now available on our download server! :rocket:

Yes, this is a little bit out of band for beta 5 was released only yesterday. We found some more fixes and improvements especially on the visiual side that we did not want to withhold for too long :slight_smile:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!
If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

Changelog 25.0.0 beta 6

5 Likes

@bug-hunters Another beta for you. Or better say “Yummy” as @JimmyKater is naming it :laughing: .

2 Likes

Some issues found.

1 Like

Bughunter group is subscribed to the releases category fyi, so they are auto-notified of all new topics there.

Sometimes these topics are not posted to the releases category though.

2 Likes

In my case upgrading by web, or command line do not do it.

sudo -u nginx php81 /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v25.0.0beta3-17-gef6cf2d

Current version is 25.0.0 beta 5.

Update to Nextcloud 25.0.0 beta 6 available. (channel: “beta”)
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/prereleases/nextcloud-25.0.0beta6.zip

Steps that will be executed:
[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for expected files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for write permissions
[:heavy_check_mark:] Create backup
[:heavy_check_mark:] Downloading
[:heavy_check_mark:] Verify integrity
[:heavy_check_mark:] Extracting
[:heavy_check_mark:] Enable maintenance mode
[:heavy_check_mark:] Replace entry points
[:heavy_check_mark:] Delete old files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Move new files in place
[:heavy_check_mark:] Done

Continue update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for expected files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Check for write permissions
[:heavy_check_mark:] Create backup
[:heavy_check_mark:] Downloading
[:heavy_check_mark:] Verify integrity
[:heavy_check_mark:] Extracting
[:heavy_check_mark:] Enable maintenance mode
[:heavy_check_mark:] Replace entry points
[:heavy_check_mark:] Delete old files
[:heavy_check_mark:] Move new files in place
[:heavy_check_mark:] Done

Update of code successful.

Should the “occ upgrade” command be executed? [Y/n]
Nextcloud is already latest version

Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N]
Maintenance mode already disabled

Maintenance mode is disabled

After that there is still 25 beta 5 with information that beta 6 is available:
Zrzut ekranu (712)

When upgrading by web, every position on the list is already marked as solved like that (after clicking upgrade button):

Probably I just don’t do it correctly, but still, in /settings/apps my app icon is not inverted in black mode using a black-on-transparent icon.

Also, the 2FA login screen isn’t fixed (icons and buttons width). Settings: KDE=dark, FX=light, NC=dark (but irrelevant as not yet logged in), theming set to BG=#888888 and a 1x1px #888888 bg image.

Upgrade went smoothly for me from 24.0.5 to the latest beta. Nextcloud Office via the integrated CODE appliance on the app store still does not work, and never has. Office using a separate CODE server works fine as it did before.

2FA works.

The only thing I’ve noticed so far is that videos in the Media folder no longer play in a browser on my laptop or tablet. The player shows up and the timer ticks along and I can hear the audio, but I just see a black image. If I connect from my tablet via the Android app the videos play fine.

ETA: Nevermind the above note. I’m leaving it in case anyone read it already but I rolled back to my 24.0.5 snapshot and video playback has the same issue. I’m not sure when that happened but it isn’t related to this beta.

Had the same issue go into your data folder updater… and delete the files in there and rey again

3 Likes

It worked. Thank You!

1 Like

Slight issue with the new UI and OnlyOffice, when viewing a document the header is too far down the page, and the background image is repeated (see image below):

Furthermore, the top and bottom rounded corners are not lined up at the sides, causing black space between them. The pictures below show the top (which is correct) first then the bottom (incorrect):

As you can see in the bottom image the rounded corners are squared off at the edges.
(post 2/3, can’t add more images to my post because of new user limits)

Adding to issues with the new UI, I can no longer full screen videos in external sites like jellyfin, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing:

Also, the outline of the menu boxes in files do not fill the whole menu, only the surrounding text, as shown:

That’s all I’ve found so far, loving this new UI though!

Thanks for your hard work :smile:

When using the web updater, it shows the admin/overview page and offers to update:

Version

Nextcloud 25.0.0 beta 5
A new version is available: Nextcloud 25.0.0 beta 6

Next I press “Open Updater”. The page ist shown with

Initializing

Current version is 25.0.0 beta 5.
Update to Nextcloud 25.0.0 beta 6 available. (channel: “beta”)

When I press “Continue update”, I am directly redirected to the files app. No update is done.

When I used the manual updater via occ, it works fine.

The new Theming UI has more issues, like here: In my test instance, BG color ist set to black, BG image is black except for a flame in the middle (only visible on the login page), KDE+FX+NC dark mode. E.g. in /settings/apps, this looks unfinished:

(1) App Install/Remove/Activate/Deactivate buttons nearly unreadable
(2) “Activity” icon is grey in the center but black in the details on the right hand side

The same happens with beta 7.

Yes, and the RC1 as well. Delete the .step file in the data/updater-$INSTANCEID directory. It will be addressed for 25.

1 Like

I tired to update from RC1 to RC 2 and same issue. Can we have someone look at this please.

@AndyXheli The fix for that bug is included in the RC1 announcement my friend. I’ll link it, because seems no one else has mentioned it to this particular announcement from the sixth beta.

Thank you so much my friend I didnt see the RC1 post

1 Like

RC2 was announced moments ago. It has same bug, but all you have to do is delete the .step file yourself as described.

1 Like