Sharing problems

I did the optimize and repair and just was going into tables and found error messages like this:
This message is from OC_addressbookschanges

**Warning**  in ./libraries/sql.lib.php#613
    ![](https://209.97.151.135/phpmyadmin/themes/dot.gif) count(): Parameter must be an array or 
    an object that implements Countable

**Backtrace**

./libraries/sql.lib.php#2128: PMA_isRememberSortingOrder(array)
       ./libraries/sql.lib.php#2079: PMA_executeQueryAndGetQueryResponse(
    array,
    boolean true,
    string 'nextcloud',
    string 'oc_addressbookchanges',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string '',
    string './themes/pmahomme/img/',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string 'SELECT * FROM `oc_addressbookchanges`',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    )
    ./sql.php#221: PMA_executeQueryAndSendQueryResponse(
    array,
    boolean true,
    string 'nextcloud',
    string 'oc_addressbookchanges',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string '',
    string './themes/pmahomme/img/',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string 'SELECT * FROM `oc_addressbookchanges`',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    )

This errors came when running the OCC:Repair command.

root@*myservername*:/var/www/cloud/public_html# sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:repair
 - Repair MySQL collation                                                                                        
     - Change row format for oc_addressbooks ...                                                                 
     - Change collation for oc_addressbooks ...                                                                  

In AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 125:

An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE `oc_addressbooks` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLAT  
  E utf8mb4_bin;':                                                                                              

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 by  
  tes                                                                                                           

In PDOStatement.php line 143:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 by  
  tes                                                                                                           

In PDOStatement.php line 141:

tes                                                                                                           

maintenance:repair [--include-expensive]

It looks like not all of my table collations converted properly. Not all are utf8mb4_bin. Many are utf8_bin. Should I just clear out my Nextcloud and start over?

I reinstalled NextCloud. I got the 4-bit/emoji issue again. What exact steps can I take to fix this in a way that I don’t screw anything else up. Is it simply change it to Barracuda and then run the database collation change command or something more?

Thanks everyone for all your help. It is much appreciated.

seem you found answer yourself …

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_database/mysql_4byte_support.html?highlight=emoji

Okay. Is it just that I didn’t do it correctly last time?

The French poete Francois de Boileau said:
Vingt fois sur le métier remettez votre ouvrage
put your work twenty times upon the anvil
And i say:
Between each times, MAKE A BACKUP !

Great! Thank you so much. I do back everything up, it is just annoying to have to redo everything.

(:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:)

I hope you get that pun.

I followed the directions and it failed again. Here is the error. Sharing does not work again.

Since the repair was unsuccesful, I manually disabled matinence mode to check that the same error is occurring. Should I file a bug report?

definitely yes for the github bug rapport…