Sharepoint app gives white screen after install

I’m sorry if this is well known but I couldn’t find any information about the issue and I’m new here. I recently installed the latest version of nextcloud v15.0.0 on apache2 with mySql and started installing som apps that looked interesting I installed sharepoint which resulted in a white screen of death, most probable due to a PHP Fatal Error see below. What to do against the white screen? Can nextcloud configuration and data be recovered from this state? Can the sharepoint app be uninstalled using some command line tricks on the server?

The only thing that is printed in the error.log file is:

PHP Fatal error: Interface ‘OCA\Files_External\Lib\Config\IBackendProvider’ not found in /usb/www/vhosts/le-cloud/apps/sharepoint/lib/Backend/Provider.php on line 31

Hi,

I encountered the same issue and did the following:

• I moved to sharepoint folder (in your case /usb/www/vhosts/le-cloud/apps/sharepoint) folder to a temporary place (in my case to my home folder, just in case anything goes wrong)
  • the webpage showed up again
  • I disabled and uninstalled the SharePoint Backend app

The cause of this issue is that the SharePoint Backend requires the External storage support app. In my case that was not installed. Probably it’s the same for you.
After installing the External storage support and reinstalling SharePoint Backend everything works as expected.

Georges

1 Like

You only have to set a semicolon ((;)) in the php Script.

…/nextcloud/apps/sharepoint/lib/Backend/provider.php

I’m not sure but I think it was one of the bracket at the end. (the line 31)

best regards