Shared folders/files icons not showing up instantly, need to reload the page

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version: 21.0.1 Latest Stable
Operating system and version: Oracle Linux 7.9
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.6
PHP version: 7.4

The issue you are facing:
Every time I share a folder or a file (everything else works perfectly), the icon of the folder and the icons showing that the file/folder are not showing up when I finish sharing it.
If I reload the page, they show up normally.
Is this a background job that cron runs too?
My cron is running every 5 minutes, configured according to the NC’s best practices manual.

Before you say that refreshing the page isn’t a big trouble:
I have a nextcloud server, which will be in production soon integrated with my AD, containing more than 1300 users.
I have knowledge that refreshing the page is a simple task and it is not a big trouble the need of having to do so.
But the problem here, is for the lay users that will not understand if the files/folders were actually shared or not.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Go to files;
  2. Try sharing a folder/file;
  3. If the icons doesn’t appear, try refreshing the page.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thank you guys.

1 Like

Good morning guys,

Any suggestions?

Have a nice a week.

:smiley:

Hello guys, hope you are doing well…

Any suggestions on this?

Thank you!

This turned into a feature request, so I’m going to mark it as solved here.