I try since 3 days to get sync of the birthday calendar working.
- I have created users “A1”, “A2”, “A3” and added them to group “groupA”
- User “A1” has created a contact book and shared it to the group “groupA”
- User “A1” has added contacts “C1”, “C2”, “C3” and added bithday parameter to all of them.
- User “A1” can see all contacts “C1”, “C2”, “C3” and corresponding birthdays. When User “A1” go to calendar and activate “Contact birthdays” he can see all the birthdays of the contacts on the calendar.
- User “A2” can see all contacts “C1”, “C2”, “C3” and corresponding birthdays. When User “A2” go to calendar and activate “Contact birthdays” he do not see any birthdays of the shared contacts on the calendar.
I have tryed already with Versions 20.0.8 and 21.0.0 installed directly on WebServer and as docker installation. It is not working at all.
I have also tested tryed out “sudo -u www-data php occ dav:sync-birthday-calendar” without success…
As alternative I have installed the newest version of owncloud software and the same scenario works perfect there…
Please help. Is it bug? Is there any workaround?
I’m wondering, if there is anybody, that need that calendar and has the same problem. For me it is important. I have seen similar thread created 2018 on this forum. I’m wondering if this bug already exists since over 2 years?
I have the same problem right now, but just with new created dates. I first noticed that with a shared contact where I added the anniversary date - I see it in my calendar, but the ones I share the address book with don’t see that date.
Same happened at the weekend with a new created contact in the same address book - the birthdays is shown in my calendar, but not in other people’s calendar.
Recreating birthday calendar does also not solve this…
Same problem here with Version 21.0.3
Some more Information.
If I share an addressbook with another user the birthday calendar includes these after dav:sync-birthday-calendar.
If I share an addressbook with a group, the birthdays are NOT in the calendar even after dav:sync-birthday-calendar. The contacts itself are there.
This is definetly a bug - but in Contacts app or Calendar app? Perhaps we should call the devs of both apps…
But it’s a problem that needs to be solved soon!
Hm… So I just have to change that specific row, run occ… and that’s it?