Share link with password -> error "Access forbidden CSRF check failed"

Hi,
I’m using the latest Nextcloud since a few days on my server. I have one problem when I share a file with password protection.
When I open the link, I have to enter the password but I always get this error message:
Access forbidden
CSRF check failed

I’m 100% sure that the password I enter is correct. I don’t get it. Heeeelp :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

It’s not about the credentials :wink:
CSRF stands for cross-site-request-forgery:

This check can fail for example when you access your server via its second domain name (or IP address) instead of the correct primary domain name.

1 Like

Hey, thanks a lot for the explanation. I dont get it, now it just works. I dont know, didnt change anything. Ok, it’s great that it works :smiley:

I have the same problem, but only on an iPhone. The login works fine on Android Firefox

I’ve never ever had this issue before, and today all of a sudden, I share a Word document with a friend to collaborate, and he gets this error. He could access the file on his phone browser, but latest Firefox on Windows kept giving him CSRF error/Access denied.

On github there is a very old thread about this issue but it seems to be unresolved as of yet - could this really be? Has anyone ever figured out what causes it?

it’s very embarrassing to say the least when it happens with a share with a non-nextcloud person, they lose confidence in the software and in me before we even start.

And how can I fix this? Somewhere in the config.php?