Share Contacts does not suggest any users to share with in NC 26.0.2

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 26.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): unknown (hosted services at 2 different hosters)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): unknown
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.2

The issue you are facing

When trying to share an address book, I get the field to enter the user name to share with. But no matter what I enter here, no user suggestions are shown, which makes it impossible to share contacts.

Address books that have been shares previously (in earlier versions of NC) remain shared.

Even entering the full user as user@host.domain.tdl doesn’t work.

Sharing files or folders is working as usual (after entering a few letters, suggestions are shown an I can click on the username I wish to share with).

I can reproduce this on two different NC installations at different poviders, both running NC 26.0.2.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): yes

Steps to replicate it

1. Go to contact settings
  2. press the share button of an address book
  3. try entering the username and selecting from suggestions (which don’t show up)

What could lead to this kind of behaviour?

I have exactly the same problem. I tried different installation-setups (AiO, normal Docker) from scratch in a Proxmox VM and LXC. Version 26.x and 27. The contact sharing never works for me like expected. At first I thought I misconfigured something, but now I’m pretty sure that there is a bug.

This issue has already been reported here:

Thanks for pointing me to the right issue!

Let’s hope 26.0.3 will come out soon :grin:

Problem solved with an update of the contacts app :slight_smile:

This is great :+1:

I can confirm that contact sharing works in Contacts 5.3.2 on Nextcloud 26.0.2.

And it’s a very good example to show why it makes sense to put such functionality into add-ons, which can be fixed, tested and released independently from the main application. :grinning: