Set Nextcloud user permission to not to be able to create folder and upload files

Hi,

We have tried to set permission for Nextcloud users not to be able to create folders and files. As our understanding, we just set the limit quota to 0, and the result show. You don’t have permission to upload or create file here as the picture below.

However, It comes with the error your storage is full, file cannot be uploaded to synced anymore! as the above picture.

So, please kindly suggest that there is another way to set Nextcloud user permission not to be able to create folder and upload file without setting limit quota and found the full space error like this case.

Thank you in advance.

Do I understand this in the right? On the one hand your usesrs should be able to continue synchronizing, but on the other hand, they should not be able to create new files and folders?

As far as I know there is no way to prevent a user from creating new files on his own account. And to be honest, I don’t understand why you want to prevent that. When it comes to saving storage space, you sure can restrict the amount of storage a user can use, but this quota shouldn’t be zero. It should have a reasonable size, so that users still can work with the files they need to.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the helpful information and for your kind support.

You could try if the guest-app somehow serves your needs… :thinking:
At least there seems to be some possiblity to prevent guests from uploading files, however i’m not sure, if that is selectable between folders.

Here, what i see on an instance, where i’m registered as guest-user
grafik
(Which is German and means “You have no rights to upload or create files here:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )