Set default quotas for users depending on the group

Hello,

Is there a way to set different default quotas for each user, depending on the group?

For example, User A and User B are in group 1 and they get 5 GB default quota as well as all the other users from this group. Is it possible that User C and User D and all the other users in group 2 get 10 GB default quota?

2 Likes

There is a Group Quota app.
Try it and please report back with your results (i.e. is it compatible with the latest NC version).
It seems to have been updated quite recently in the App Store (1 Week, 1 Day ago) so I am optimistic.

Apparently you haven’t understood my question. I don’t want any group to have a quota. I want every user in a certain group to have the same default quota.

For example:
Every user from Group A to have 2GB quota
Every user from Group B to have 5GB quota
Every user from Group C to have 10GB quota and so on.

4 Likes

I’m interested in this too. My use-case is maybe a bit obscure though:

• We’re keeping our master user list in Slack
  • I’m using GitHub - zorn-v/nextcloud-social-login to allow people in from Slack
  • We want to limit most access to only a certain group; other people who sign in with Slack should see nothing
  • I also want those other people to not be able to do much, so I set the default quota to 1MB
  • But now I want people in the given group to have an unlimited quota again

I don’t see any way to do this so far, but if a solution comes along I’d appreciate hearing about it :slight_smile: