Server migration to a new NC instance - Can't sync all data properly

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5) : Nextcloud AIO v1.5.0 | Nextcloud Hub II (23.0.6)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04) : Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25) : Apache/2.4.53
PHP version (eg, 7.4) : 8.0.20
Nextcloud Desktop Client Version 3.5.2 (linux Mint 20.3)

I needed to retire my old little pc nextcloud server and setup a new instance on a new server i built.

I have 90GBs of data in total,
I setup the nextcloud client with the new server on my laptop.
Then i moved the 90GBs of data to the new Nextcloud folder…

Issues:
The sync process got stuck with a gazillion error messages after copying a big chunk of the data once… then twice, and after the 3rd or 4th time i restarted the client, it finally “finished” syncing the data… but i got only 85GBs on the server.

I am missing 5 GBs.

What would you guys do here?

1. Erase all data and try again from scratch? (i am in the same LAN network as the server so the slow transfer is not a problem).

2. Copy the 90GBs of data manually to the nextcloud data folder? (without using the sync client). In this case, should i chmod the data folder i am moving to any specific user on the server?

Thank you for any help.

If one has running installation and you are happy with it usually one would prefer to follow official “Migrating to different server” procedure. This re-homes your instance keeping all the metadata you have.

If you prefer starting from scratch using new installation then you can just upload/sync the data to a new system. In this case I would recommend you to make a copy of your data and point the new instance account to this data (running two Nextcloud accounts against same data might result in unpredictable situations as client keeps track of files and changes as well). If you still experience sync issues I would troubleshoot and resolve the issues before switching this server into production…

Hello.
Server migration was not an option. The server was lost and i just have the data folder on my laptop.

I setup yet a new instance, using the Docker AIO setup.
Now i get error 503, and besides some empty folders, NOTHING is getting uploaded to the new server.

I setup the account of the new server in my desktop client, with an empty nextcloud folder.
Then i started moving just a few folders to the new nextcloud folder, but the sync is not working.

I choose to encrypt the data folder within the nextcloud options in case that matters.
I tried restarting the server to no avail.

Screenshot:

Never mind!!
Brain fart…
I remembered i needed to enable the encryption module extension.
Now the files are uploading.
Thanks