Server is down. Getting a Driver Exception error?

I already filed an issue on github because I thought this might be an actual bug but my server has just gone down from any external access and I wanted to check and see what might be the cause. Here’s the original github issue for all the details that have been hidden below: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/12343

Steps to reproduce

I’m not really sure. Server was having some trouble yesterday, (issue can be found [here]. This appears to be a separate issue though. It could be caused by the same thing, namely the fact that I just set up my phone to instant upload via web dav to my server.

Expected behaviour

To be available. Usable etc.

Actual behaviour

Not available. Unable to access server from external addresses. Can only access it from localhost.

Server configuration detail

Operating system: Linux 4.15.0-38-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 10 10:59:38 UTC 2018 x86_64

Webserver: nginx/1.14.0 (fpm-fcgi)

Database: mysql 10.1.34

PHP version:

7.2.11-4+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, sodium, session, standard, cgi-fcgi, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, apcu, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, iconv, igbinary, imagick, intl, json, exif, mysqli, pdo_mysql, apc, posix, readline, redis, shmop, SimpleXML, smbclient, sockets, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, Phar, libsmbclient, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 14.0.3 - 14.0.3.0

Updated from an older Nextcloud/ownCloud or fresh install: updated from 13

Where did you install Nextcloud from: official source

Signing statusList of activated appsConfiguration (config/config.php)

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…

Are you using encryption: false

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…

Client configuration

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0

Operating system: Windows 10, Mac, and Ubuntu 18.04

Logs

Browser logNextcloud logBrowser log

EDIT:

I initiated a rescan of the server and it’s been stuck on the first user for like 30 minutes which seems long to me.

EDIT2: Scan finished but no change in the logs or in the accessibility of my server from outside the localhost. I have turned off my phone’s folder sync jobs in case that was part of the cause.

Disabling my phone syncing via web dav seems to have fixed the issue. It’s back online. But why? What did it do that caused the issue in the first place?

EDIT: Checking the github ticket it seems that there is an issue being worked on for high volume concurrent inserts which I guess could explain why my web dav stuff caused the issue.