Sending Share Link

Hi,

I have recently migrated from owncloud to nextcloud and I have upgraded to version 10. I am unsure if this feature was ever working, but it certainly isn’t now! I am using the default template.

When I send a test mail from the admin page it comes through fine I can see it in the mail server logs. When I click on the share link and create a password this works fine, however, when I put an email address in the “Email link to person” field, nothing happens. The mail doesn’t appear to get sent. I have tried setting the mail server to PHP and SMTP and have the same result.

The only error that I think could be related in the owncloud log is “Undefined index: id at /var/www/owncloud/core/ajax/share.php#230”

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Michael

Do you send mails directly or via external smtp host? When you send mails directly, make sure the receiving mail server accepts it (and check the logfiles when they are not accept it to get the reason for it).

We fixed a small issue regarding the share emails in 10.0.1
Which version are you using exactly?

Hi
I have tried both PHP and SMTP. With the SMTP and PHP the test email from the admin page works. The email link from the share page doesn’t even get to the mail server (I.e. there is nothing in the logs). The SMTP is on the same host and relaying for other applications as well as the admin test page fine.

Thanks

Michael

Yes but you send mails to your own server (or the mail server of your domain) which may use a completely different anti-spam policy than a random mail server. So check the smtp logs on your server in order to find out what happened to your mail.

The email doesn’t make it to the mail queue at all.
So there is nothing to log

I’m using version 10.0

Thanks

Michael

That fixed it!

Thanks

Michael