Searching for freelancer for customization

Hello,

I’m looking to add/develop 2 extra features to my existing nextcloud solution:

1. Each user is only allowed 2 devices. If they login with a 3rd for instance, one of the other devices is automatically logged out.

2. IP-monitoring. To prevent account sharing I would like to build an IP-monitoring feature.

Feel free to drop a message if you’re interested so we can discuss budget and timeframe further.

Regards,

Something like that already exists: Script "nc-who" - similar to unix `who`, follow live who is logged in

It does not monitor the IP-Adresses (yet) but the client used to login, and that live.

I hope you like it.
Much luck,
ernolf

1. Each user is only allowed 2 devices. If they login with a 3rd for instance, one of the other devices is automatically logged out.

Interesting… Wondering if we could do that properly without touching nc’s core (eg: listening to nc’s events)…

IP-monitoring. To prevent account sharing I would like to build an IP-monitoring feature.

You received an answer for that. It shouldn’t be much difficult if these functionalities suit you but you rather want to make it an app.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you want to discuss this further.

Best regards,

Cyrille

Thanks for your insight. Do you have development / customization experience with Nextcloud? Would you be able to customize this script so that it can monitor IP addresses also? Let me know

Hi Cyrille. Yes I would like to discuss this further. Do you have experience with development / customization of nextcloud?

What is your contact info?

That does already exist as well. It is the admin_audit app, that logs (beside other activities) all logins and logouts on the server.

You must activate the admin_audit app, by entering this to your config.php:

'logfile_audit' => '/var/log/nextcloud/audit.log',
  'log.condition' => 
  array (
    'apps' => 
    array (
      0 => 'admin_audit',
    ),
  ),

The directory /var/log/nextcloud should of course be created first:
mkdir -p /var/log/nextcloud && chown www-data.www-data /var/log/nextcloud

then you can monitor all login- and logouts live, with this jq-filter:

tail -F /var/log/nextcloud/audit.log | jq -r 'select(.message | test("Login successful|Logout occurred")) | [.time, .remoteAddr, .user, .method, .url, .message, .userAgent] | join(" - ")'

The actions you can see with the nc-who app, are all coming from the nextcloud database. The ip-adresses are not loged to the database, so if you want to “count” them, it is needed to perform some more analizing on this logfile.

When you monitor this login and logout for a while, you get deeper insights, how often a login occurs and for what reasons. That can be a simple synch job for an android client or so.

After you have studied this more in deep, you can decide better, what you think is possible or what you exactly want.

Much luck,
ernolf

1 Like

Hi Alexander,

I’ve answered you in private.

Best regards,

Cyrille

Hi Alexander,
If you are still on the lookout to hire someone, I would be interested.
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin

Hi Colin, I sent you a mail. Could you check it out?
Regards,
Alex