Search inside folders in Nextcloud

I am using the latest version of Nextcloud, and I have a question about searching files into a specific folder.

I want to search only inside a folder but the result includes everything (Like Global Search).

Pls any recommendation on how to solve it ? Thank you

1 Like

Go into the Folder you are looking for and search. Nextcloud sorts the results inside the folder at the top, and the rest with a path below the results outside the folder . Focus on the result at the top, don’t look at the others :wink:

Thank you @sambilanet, Yes you are right but these happen only when the file is in the same folder. What about searching inside folders ( folders inside folder) ?

Example: Lets suppose that we have a hierarchical structure of folders from 1 to 5.
I want to search on folder 3 that has 2other folders inside it.

When i search for a file it appear only the file on folder 3. The other files are mixed and not sorted. These is my problem. I want to find on my search all files in folder 3,4 and 5. ( Like explorer on windows)

So is that possible?

1 Like

We are not alone:

The request for this topic is already done.

So if your data is synchronised user your operation system as Windows, Linux and Mac support this kind of search. Good Luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check the Nextcloud Hub 20 and the new search function… :heart_eyes:

Nextcloud Hub 20

See on youtube

IMHO new search function is very slow and not working with groupfolders

1 Like

BTW… group folders has just indexed (all).
The search in the screenshoot above lasted about 2 min and did not founf the file.

Via webdav the file is found in few seconds

1 Like

How do we not have the ability to search within a folder now in 2024? What is going on???

Hi,
this was 4 years ago. My search finds my file fast, in my groupfolder, while I am typing.

It is not perfect, working with google and perplexity every day, but it is much better than 2020.

IMHO
sambilanet