Scans to Nextcloud

Bonjour,

J’ai une question simple, je pense.
Actuellement mon nextcloud est installé sur un Raspberry.

Aujourd’hui je souhaiterais pouvoir envoyer depuis mon imprimante Lexmark CX510de mes numérisations dans un dossier sur nexcloud et donc sur le raspberry.

Avez-vous une idée du fonctionnement pour que ça fonctionne ?

Merci.

Hello,

I have a simple question, I think.
Currently my nextcloud is installed on a Raspberry.

Today I would like to be able to send from my Lexmark CX510 printer my scans in a folder on nexcloud and therefore on the raspberry.

Do you have any idea how it works to make it work?

Thank you.

Hi,

This app is actually there to achieve that:
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/scanner

This github repository explains, what you need to prepare on your system in addition to install the app, in order to make it work:

Thanks for your feedback.

I had seen this application.
But that’s not exactly what I’m looking for.
Today 'is my printer that can send documents to a file.

It seems to me that this application does the opposite, it is nextcloud that requests the documents, whereas I wish that it is me who sends the documents towards a file.

See what I mean?

how does your scanner send files to any storage? Maybe using FTP?
You need to set up some sort of file server your scanner can send its scanned documents to.
Point that file server to the directory your NC files are stored in, e.g. /var/www/nexctcloud/username/files/MyScans.
use inotify (http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/inotify.7.html) to detect new files and
set “occ files : scan username/files/MyScans” as the action.

let us know how you get on

1 Like

So I did several tests, and with the help of a person from the Yonohost forum we succeeded!

1. test of sending scans by sftp: in error because the printer used sha1 as cryptographic suite (which is refused by default during an ssh connection since debian 9)
  2. mounting the freebox CIFS sharing on the yunohost server and then declaring an external “local” storage on nextcloud: it works but if the sharing is not accessible when the server starts, then it doesn’t start (there must be a way around that with a specific mounting option, but we didn’t dig any further).
  3. Declaration of the CIFS sharing of the freebox directly in external storage on nextcloud: it works perfectly and the tests performed did not show any BDD synchronization problem (it seems that nextcloud has improved on this side)

So it was the third solution that worked.

On the other hand, strangely enough the folder is updated on the server, but on the machine it’s not instantaneous.

Alors j’ai fait plusieurs test, et avec l’aide d’une personne du forum Yonohost nous avons réussit !

1. test d’envoi des scans par sftp: en erreur car l’imprimante utilisait du sha1 comme suite cryptographique (ce qui est refusé par défaut lors d’une connexion ssh depuis debian 9)
  2. montage du partage CIFS de la freebox sur le serveur yunohost puis déclaration d’un stockage externe de type “local” sur nextcloud: ça fonctionne mais si le partage n’est pas accessible au démarrage du serveur, alors celui-ci ne démarre pas (il doit y avoir moyen de contourner ça avec une option de montage spécifique, mais nous n’avons pas creusé plus loin).
  3. Déclaration du partage CIFS de la freebox directement en stockage externe sur nextcloud: ça fonctionne parfaitement et les tests effectués ne montraient pas de problème de synchro BDD (il semblerait que nextcloud se soit amélioré de ce côté)

C’est donc la 3e solution qui a fonctionné.

Par contre bizarrement le dossier se met bien a jour sur le serveur, mais sur la machine c’est pas instantané.

1 Like

I know it’s an old subject but I ran into the same kind of issues except that I solved #1 send scan to SFTP by adding sha1 support int my ssh_config file. Just add the following in the file and restart sshd service.

KexAlgorithms diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1
Ciphers 3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,aes128-cbc,aes128-ctr,aes256-ctr

Thanks @hercut for the lead that the sftp server was rejecting the connection due to the use of sha1 because it was not showing in my logs.

I have described the way I do it here.

1. I’ve created a “group” in nextcloud “scanner”.
  2. I’ve created a samba share that store data in the folder linked to this group.
  3. I “notify” nextcloud that a new file is scanned.

Feel free to copy, improve and modify my post.