Rightclick App and Three-Dot-Menue does not show "Details" Option until pressing F5 or Strg+F5

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): ubuntu server 18.04.4
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): NGinx 1.17.4
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3

The issue you are facing: The three-dot menue or rightclick menue does not show “Details” for several users

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. create a user (best a ldap user)
  2. let the user log in
  3. find a folder or file that has been created by another user or uploaded by the new user him/herself
  4. make a click on the Three-Dot-Menue behind the filename or foldername
  5. see which options you are getting
  6. control if all needed options are offered
  7. in my case “details” is often missing
  8. stay in the folder or subfolder and make a F5 or Strg+F5
  9. control a second time which options are now be offered (in my reproducable cases) the option “details” comes back again
  10. leave the folder / subfolder and re-enter the section you leaved
  11. control again which options are offered in the three-dots-menue
  12. mostly again “details” is missing until again pressing F5 or Strg+F5

The users rights are sufficient for all folders or subfolders that have the problem.
I cleared the browser cache several times. Using mozilla firefox under ubuntu desktop for testing.

I disabled the rightclick menue app by admin account to watch what is different.
Difference is that with enabled rightclick app i see “details” in the rightclick-menue reproducable but if clicking on details the details page does not appear!

With enabled rightclick-menue i see the option “share-folder” or “share-file” but nothing happen when clicking on it!
Same here after F5 or Strg+F5 i see the “details” option again also in the rightclick-menue and can enter the details section.

without “details”

with “details”

Update: i installed chromium via software store as snap package

chromium version = 80.0.3987.87

Same here. Folders don’t show “details” until one time F5 / Strg+F5 is enforced.

Logfile of Nextcloud contains the following:

[text] Error: OCP\Files\NotFoundException: at <>

1. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/text/lib/Service/DocumentService.php line 363
    OCA\Text\Service\DocumentService->getFileById(4396877, “vsave”)
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/text/lib/Service/ApiService.php line 160
    OCA\Text\Service\DocumentService->getFileForSession(OCA\Text\Db\Session {id: 108}, null)
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/text/lib/Controller/SessionController.php line 81
    OCA\Text\Service\ApiService->sync(4396877, 108, “7B1THlpBPTVVfKI … Y”, 0, null, false, false)
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 170
    OCA\Text\Controller\SessionController->sync(4396877, 108, “7B1THlpBPTVVfKI … Y”, 0, null, false, false)
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 99
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\Text\Controller\SessionController {}, “sync”)
  6. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 125
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\Text\Controller\SessionController {}, “sync”)
  7. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php line 47
    OC\AppFramework\App::main(“OCA\Text\Cont … r”, “sync”, OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {_route: “text.Session.sync”})
  8. <>
    OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({_route: “text.Session.sync”})
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 299
    call_user_func(OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {_route: “text.Session.sync”})
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1008
    OC\Route\Router->match(“/apps/text/session/sync”)
  11. /var/www/nextcloud/index.php line 38
    OC::handleRequest()

POST /apps/text/session/sync
from local-IP by username at 2020-03-14T12:52:38+01:00

and this one:

[core] Error: Error: Call to a member function getUID() on null at <>

1. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_retention/lib/BackgroundJob/RetentionJob.php line 151
    OCA\Files_Retention\BackgroundJob\RetentionJob->notifyNode(OC\Files\Node\Folder {}, DateTime {date: … "})
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php line 61
    OCA\Files_Retention\BackgroundJob\RetentionJob->run({tag: 34})
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php line 55
    OC\BackgroundJob\Job->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php line 125
    OC\BackgroundJob\TimedJob->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})

at 2020-03-14T10:40:02+01:00