Richdocuments - upgrade to loolwsd 4.2 broke anonymous editing

I’m using NC17 on a debian buster machine, using postgresql as the storage. loolwsd is installed via the official repository from collabora ( deb https://www.collaboraoffice.com/repos/CollaboraOnline/CODE-debian10 ./ ).

Everything was working fine with loolwsd 4.0. When upgrading to 4.2, i ran into several issues:

• loolwsd was refusing to work with ssl disabled (i use apache as the ssl proxy). I switched everything to ssl and it works fine
  • anonymous editing is broken (can’t save, getting a « not allowed » message). Logged in user editing works fine.

From nextcloud log, i could find this:
“Exception”:“TypeError”,“Message”:“Argument 1 passed to OCA\Richdocuments\Service\UserScopeService::setUserScope() must be of the type string, null given, called in /opt/nextcloud/apps/richdocuments/lib/Controller/WopiController.php on line 449”

From what i understand, the wopi service is unable to map the change to a nc user, and thus the save fails. Altering WopiController.php to force the use of a fallback valid user (such as admin, for example) indeed works as a workaround.

Any advice on why this happens (it did not with loolwsd 4.0, and i’m not sure which side is at fault here), and any way to fix this correctly (instead of the dirty workaround) would be very welcomed.

Regards,

Fixed by upgrading to ichdocuments 3.5.1.

Thanks for the good work !

1 Like