Reverse Proxy errors

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Server (Snap Installation)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Unknown, whatever’s in the Snap
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.25

Additional Notes about Installation:
Reverse Proxy: Nginx v 1.18.0 (Ubuntu Server 22.04)
Cloudflare Internet Proxy
SSL connection port 443

The issue you are facing:

I’m having errors with the following:
Reverse Proxy Errors showing up as “Your remote address was identified as “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” and is bruteforce throttled at the moment slowing down the performance of various requests. If the remote address is not your address this can be an indication that a proxy is not configured correctly.”. The IP shown is my public IP Address, which sort of makes sense since I’m using the full domain name, and not local IP Address

I’m also unable to get NextCloud office working at all. I followed all the guides in both Collabora and the NextCloud documents, but it’s giving me an Internal Server Error when I try to launch a document with the Office.

If there’s anything else needed, let me know. I did create a support log, though I’m unsure how to upload it, or do I need to share the public link?

Hello,

Refer here → [SOLVED] Bruteforce detection blocking my ip, but theres no oc_bruteforce_attempts database - :information_source: Support - Nextcloud community

Thanks.

Hello,

I had resolved the first one. But the second part is still broken.
Thank you for your reply.

Hello once more.

It seems as though my issues have both been resolved.

First Error: Resolved by doing a reset of the apache services, and making sure my public IP is set as a trusted proxy, since it’s being proxied through Cloudflare

Second, the issue with Collabora Built In Server has nothing to do with reverse proxies. There’s sparce documentation on this, but my error was font related, not proxy related. Once I finally added the proper coding in the “proxy.php” file in the richdocumentcode folder within the nextcloud server, I finally got it going.

Thank you to anyone who looked at this trouble, but both happened to be resolved now. Should anyone want to know how I resolved the “no_font” error, I’d be happy to let you know.

1 Like