[RESOLVE] Passwords apps disable by itself

Hello !
Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)
PHP 7.2.13-1+0~20181207100540.13+stretch~1.gbpf57305
Nextcloud v14.0.4
Passwords v2018.12.0

My problem is that password application work for few minutes and then disable by itself.
Have you an idea please ?

My Nextcloud log :

Error no app in context TypeError: Return value of OCA\Passwords\AppInfo\Application::registerCompatibilityClasses() must be an instance of OCA\Passwords\AppInfo\void, none returned
0. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/apps/passwords/lib/AppInfo/Application.php - line 69:
OCA\Passwords\AppInfo\Application->registerCompatibilityClasses()

1. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/apps/passwords/lib/AppInfo/Application.php - line 57:
    OCA\Passwords\AppInfo\Application->registerDiClasses()

2. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/apps/passwords/appinfo/app.php - line 8:
    OCA\Passwords\AppInfo\Application->__construct()

3. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php - line 261:
    require_once("/var/www/cl … p")

4. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php - line 154:
    OC_App::requireAppFile(“passwords”)

5. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php - line 127:
    OC_App::loadApp(“passwords”)

6. /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/nextcloud/cron.php - line 53:
    OC_App::loadApps()

Thanks for the help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Can you check the PHP version from the Nextcloud Backend?
(See Settigns > Monitoring > PHP) The PHP versions for the command line (cli), apache (cgi) and fpm can be different. The exception you have looks like PHP does not understand the function return type “void”, which got introduced in PHP 7.1.
So my first guess would be that your command line uses PHP 7.2, but your Apache is still configured to use PHP 7.0.

Thanks for the help you find the solution.
My Nextcloud is on a lxc container with debian 9
For passwords app i have to switch to php 7.2.
So i follow this howto because i work with ispconfig for managing my websites.
I have swith nextcloud vhost to php-fpm 7.2 but let the debian version of php still 7.0 for the system…
So i switch to 7.2 with this 2 commands :

update-alternatives --config php
update-alternatives --config php-cgi

And Passwords app still work and i don’t see another error like this in the log.

Thanks You !! And Hourra for Nextcloud !!!