Request for clarification on completing support form

Hi, everyone. I’ve been having problems with my NextcloudPi server for several months now, and while several people have offered advice, I haven’t found fixes yet. I’d like to start a new support request, and begin with as complete a support form as I can, but it isn’t clear how to generate the information requested in the form for several items (I’m not very well-versed in the use of command line). I’ll list those items below. Thank you!

1. Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25)

Where can this be found in the Nextcloud or NextcloudPi GUI, or what command must be run to generate this?

1. The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

I assume this refers to the Logging page in the Nextcloud web GUI. There are several Log Levels listed: Debug, Info, Warning, Error and Fatal - which of these should be copied?

1. The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

Where can this be found in the Nextcloud or NextcloudPi GUI, or what command must be run to generate this?

1. The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

1. Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

When I filter for errors on the Admin/Logging page, and download the log, the file is over 95MB of text. I assume such a massive file is not what is asked for. Please let me know if I’m wrong, or how to post such a huge log file.

Thanks in advance for clarification.

For NextcloudPi it is apache. Here you see what is configured and used in NextcloudPi:

If you already see error messages in the current logs, you already have the interesting logs (probably). If there is nothing, you can increase the logging information until DEBUG to get the most logs possible, and perhaps the error you are looking for.

No, that is not in the GUI. You need to access NextcloudPi via SSH, or copy the log file via WinSCP.

Usually that is too much. It often helps to do the action that is not working or generating an error. And you just copy the lines in the log file that were generated around that time.

Thank you for your reply. I understand that several of my questions refer to operations that must be done in WinSCP or PuTTY, and I suspected that the answers could not be found in the web GUI. What I still don’t know are the actual commands that must be run to generate the output needed for the support form. Requesting “the output of xxx log” or “the output of config.php file” means nothing to someone who has no idea what command will display that output. If you or someone else could provide those, I would greatly appreciate it, and perhaps others would as well. Thank you.

Well, you open the file in a text editor and copy the content here. If you open a text editor with putty, you can mark the text and the marked text is automatically copied to the clipboard. Or you copy the whole file to windows first, then you copy like you are probably used to it. (insert copied text to putty, right click or shift+insert).

Thank you, that makes sense now - I’ll give it a try. It’s been a while since I’ve used a text editor in PuTTY, and I had to watch a video to do it, but it’s certainly an opportunity to get more comfortable with it.