Replicate the Google Maps timeline feature

Hi all, I am a brand new Nextcloud user :slight_smile:

I want to replicate the Google Maps Timeline feature, which means having a continuous logging of my phone position, so I can always go back at a specific time and date and see where I was, or use the points to geolocate photos from my camera.

In Nextcloud I installed Maps and Phone Track (do I need it or Maps is enough?) and on my phone the Phone Track Android app, but I am a bit at a loss here.

In the Android app, what’s the difference between a “Phone Track log job” and a “Nextcloud Maps log job”? Shouldn’t those two apps be integrated in some way or not? And what are sessions for?

What I was thinking was to run a continuous 24/7 log job with a “Battery Saving” profile.
And when I am hiking, start a simultaneous job but with a “Max Precision” profile and stop it when I am back, so I have a the precise path followed during that hike.

Does it makes sense? Should I use “Phone Track log job” or “Nextcloud Maps log job” for this?

Thank you
Stefano

I’m still pretty new to this but I’ve been running a “Nextcloud Maps log job” with “Significant motion mode” and “Hybrid mode” and it seems to be tracking me pretty well.

The main issue I’ve seen is that it doesn’t seem to break the timeline up when I stop (or at all for that matter) so I have one long track for all of my history so far.

You must use time filter to extract the track for the given time from the rest.

Much luck,
ernolf