Removing message asking for password input

Hi.

We are using a service to allow for single sign on for all our nextcloud instances. User log in through this service and can select what instance they want to connect to. Works very well.

However we have a problem. The password created for your account and the passwords on the nextcloud instances are different. This isn’t a problem by itself, its actually pretty good. However, there is a problem when Nextcloud ask you to enter your password again (in the form of this box that appears with a password input).

Is there anyway to disable this? We plan to make this work with our single sign on later but for now we just want to disable it while we are testing things and wait for the developer to get time to look at it further.

1 Like

Hey, its been a long while since I had time to look at this issue again. But I did take a look at your solution back then and now again. I do see that the author of that app was able to prevent password confirmation in his app, but I don’t see how to do this in the whole of nextcloud with hardcoding every app/instance of this being done, which is pretty unrealistic. Could you elaborate on how I could solve my issue with this?

Also for everyone: I saw an issue here back in 2017/2018 who was going to remove password confirmation for SSO portals and that is basically what we want to do.