Remote data directory

Hi @ all :slight_smile:

i would like to have a nextcloud server running wich uses a data directory on another virtual machine. This data server is already set up and works correctly, and i am able to access it from another client.

The problem is: when i set up nextcloud, it doesnt use the remote server (even if i tell it to use the remote database in the installation wizard and the config.php file is correct), but creates a local data directory and stores all the files in it…

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards from germany,
Nikolai

You can use a network mount on file system level (via NFS, sshfs, …) and then just use it like a local drive.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Good idea, but i have a mysql cluster running wich i would like to use. So i kind of need to use the remote connection, and i thought nextcloud would support it… Or am i wrong?

You can use object storage as primary storage:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/configuration_files/primary_storage.html

So there is no way to just connect to an remote database server? :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m having the similarproblem, did you find it? I want the data directory on the remote server.