Regarding Memcache with APCu

Nextcloud version : 27.0.1
Operating system and version : Linux 5.10.0-22-amd64 x86_64
Apache or nginx version : PostgreSQL 13.11 (Debian 13.11-0+deb11u1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, 64-bit
PHP version : 8.2.8

mydomain.tld/index.php/settings/admin/overview told a warning: The database is used to lock transaction files. To improve performance, please set up Memcache if available.

I think this warning has appeared first after the upgrade from NC 25.x to NC 26.

So, I have enabled APCu. When I enter php -m I can see that apcu is being loaded. In config.php I have added ‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’,. But nevertheless, the warning remains.

What do I have to configure my NC to make the warning disappearing, i.e. for improving the performance as suggested?

Look if only one php version is installed with this command:

dpkg -l | awk '/^ii.*php/ {print $2}'

Is it only 8.2 or are there some older php versions somewhere not yet deinstalled?

Look what php is used by your apache webserver with this command:

apachectl -tD DUMP_INCLUDES | sed -n '/php.*conf/ s#.*/\([^/]*\)\.conf#\1#p'

Is there only one or multiple lines and does it match? Is it 8.2 as well?

If not, fix that first.

If you’re not sure what to do, don’t hesitate to ask for further help!

Hope that helps,
much luck!

1 Like

Results in:

php-accelerators-hos
php-common
php-date
php-db
php-log
php-mail
php-mail-mime
php-mdb2
php-net-dime
php-net-smtp
php-net-socket
php-net-url
php-net-url2
php-pear
php56-hos
php72-hos
php73-hos
php74-hos
php80-hos
php81-hos
php82-hos

Results in:

-bash: apachectl: command not found

You have filled out the support template incompletely. Please describe your system better. Are you on Debian/Ubuntu? Do you use apache2, nginx or even other webserver? Is it a Virtual Machine, a Docker image, AIO? Shared host etc.

It is a virtual machine, a so called Webhosting account at hetzner.com . As far as I understand it, it is an apache server. But for true, I do no really know whether it is an apache or an ngingx server. Can I figure it out by an CLI command?

And that is the reason why there is a support-template (which you did not fil btw).
Contact the hetzner support. They know your setup and can give you all the information you need.

If you don’t even know what webserver is in use, did you set up nextcloud yourself?

Anyway, I can not help you, I am out.

Much luck!