Reference to "owncloud" in Nextcloud installation instructions (Admin Manual)

The installation instructions here…

…mention “owncloud” in this context:

• Go to Download Nextcloud Server > Download > Archive file for server owners and download either the tar.bz2 or .zip archive.

• This downloads a file named owncloud-x.y.z.tar.bz2 or owncloud-x.y.z.zip (where x.y.z is the version number).

Is that part of the documentation correct?

Good catch! Also, the previous link also goes to owncloud.org instead of nextcloud.com.

The documentation resides also in a Github repo. So, if you like, you can edit the file https://github.com/nextcloud/documentation/blob/master/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.rst even directly in Github and open a pull request, a request to merge your changes to the documentation.

There are likely more usages of “ownCloud” instead of “Nextcloud”, because not everything could be adjusted, yet.

This sound to me then like the release was rushed way too much! I’m (still) assuming that a semi-manual, semi-automatic “search and replace” operation would have caught all of the wrong usages.

This kind of sloppyness in the docu and the rushed release do not quite instill into me a lot of trust into the Nextcloud code.

I would help, if I knew enough about ownCloud as well as Nextcloud, but I don’t (yet).