Recurring Events Problem [outlook - caldav synchronizer - nextcloud]

Hello,

i am using recurring events for a time span with an end date . But in nextcloud the event is running endless (he ignores the end value). I use the caldav synchronizer to sync my outlook calendar with nextcloud. Does anyone have an idea why are this happen?

I don’t know if caldav is the problem here or nextcloud.

For example:

Every monday is a event at 3 o’clock pm.
start date: 01.04.2019
end date 23.04.2019

Outlook is ending at 15 with the last event.
Not so Nextcloud.

Where have created the recurring event, in Outlook or directly in the Nextcloud calendar app? I assume you’ve done it in Outlook, right? Have you tried to create a recurring event in the Nextcloud calendar app and let it sync to Outlook?

I’m personally using recurring events very often and have no problems with the end time, but I’m using Thunderbird/Lightning which has a direct CalDAV access to the calendar.

I have created the recurring event in Outlook.

I haven’t tried it yet and will try it out. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Edit: I have created an recurring event for 3 days (dialy) in the next cloud web interface and syncronized it with outlook. It sets it not with an end date, there is an counter with repetitions. I think that could be the problem.

@rudi Good point. You can open the recurring events in Nextcloud an export it to ics files, so that you can compare and share the record syntax here. For me it is not clear, if this is more a problem of Outlook, the CalDAV Synchronizer or of Nextcloud.

This is the log of one recurring event:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//ddaysoftware.com//NONSGML DDay.iCal 1.0//EN
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:W. Europe Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:19701025T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYHOUR=3;BYMINUTE=0;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:Mitteleuropäische Zeit
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:19700329T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYHOUR=2;BYMINUTE=0;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CLASS:PUBLIC
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20190404
DTSTAMP:20190423T092114Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20190403
PRIORITY:5
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;COUNT=3;BYDAY=WE
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:Wiederholend 3 Tage
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
UID:b59cc205-bddd-4dbd-8669-db6b05486e82
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:FREE
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Under the section Recurring stands: “The recurring rule of this event is not supported. Support for advanced rules will be added on later updates.”.

I find out i am using NextCloud version 13. Do you know if later (14 or 15) versions are supporting this?

Friendly greetings.

No, no improvement with NC 14, 15 and (I’m afraid) 16.
BTW, it is not a NC issue, but the Calendar app.

What do you mean exactly with “the Calendar app”? Outlook-Calendar or the caldav synchronizer?

Neither nor, there is only one Calendar app with a web GUI in Nextcloud which you should use to create a calendar event :wink:

Oh, i understand now. Haha, i am sorry. :sweat_smile: I am very thankful for your help guys. :slight_smile:

Edit:

Okay i got the problem now. The problem with the end date on events occurs only for the initial synchronization (first time) with CalDav. After the initial sync you can set an end date in the event and it works fine in NextCloud, yay! :smile: