Recreate Database Tables For Maps Application

My Maps app simply didn’t scan my photos - so I decided to make a clean reinstall. For that I dropped the oc_maps_* tables from the database, deleted the maps records from oc_appconfig and reinstalled the app. Unfortunately the install doesn’t recreate the tables in the database causing the app to fail. How can I recreate those tables? How does the install assume that the tables are present?

1 Like

Hi. Were you able to fix this problem?

Same happened to me. Because I didn’t know at the time that you shouldn’t run maps:scan-photos more than once I think I corrupted the maps* tables. I tried emptying them. No good. Then deleting them. It seems its the end of the road for me and ‘maps’ unless I can recreate clean tables. Something else I can’t understand is exactly where the ‘contacts’ data is that maps relies on. I imported a *.vcf into contacts and contacts works perfectly. I know where that file is! I don’t know the location of the data that maps uses to create contact locations. I want to be sure it’s getting the most up to date data. So confusing particularly when there is an update to 0.2.4 (0.2.5-2-nightly) which seems to be more sane (in theory at least). Disappointing as well because maps looks like being a great app!

In the end I used manually recreated the relevant tables by using information in a previous mysqldump. The maps geo table works fine now. But I still get no contacts appearing on the map. I thought the problem was that, having nextcloud behind a reverse proxy server, /.well-known/carddav wasn’t working. I’ve fixed that but still no luck.