RC5 of Nextcloud 28.0.2

The Maintenance release of 28.0.2 is coming next Thursday, and a fifth RC is now available on our download server.

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!

We updated our servers, did our tests, and the release candidates seem pretty decent. Still, give it a whirl and report back here so we’re even more sure that it’s good to go! If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate Github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

Changelog

28.0.2 RC5

6 Likes

На пн, 29.01.2024 г., 18:41 Altahrim via Nextcloud community <noreply@nextcloud.com> написа:

Hi All

Thank you for this latest version. I installed on a shared hosting and gained so far the experience as described below.

Setup:

Nextcloud located in a subfolder: ~public/nextcloud with one user

Operating System: Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.12-amd64 x86_64

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L v4 @ 1.80GHz (20 cores)

Memory: 94.21 GB

Server time: Tue Jan 30 10:04:04 CET 2024

No root access

Apache: 2.4.51

PHP: Version: 8.1.26

Memory limit: 1.3 GB

Max execution time: 3600

Upload max size: 800 MB

OPcache Revalidate Frequency:

Extensions: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, json, iconv, SPL, intl, session, ldap, mbstring, standard, pcntl, PDO, mysqlnd, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, Phar, posix, readline, Reflection, imap, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, sodium, pdo_mysql, exif, tidy, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, mysqli, cgi-fcgi, imagick, mailparse, mcrypt, memcached, mongodb, OAuth, raphf, ssh2, timezonedb, uploadprogress, yaz, zip, http

DB Type: mysql

Version: 10.4.18

Size: 6.4 MB

Nextcloud: 28.0.2 RC5:

…/index.php/apps/files/files

and access to many other apps are fine

However these two have an access-problem through index.php:

…/index.php/apps/notes

…/index.php/apps/dashboard

where only the main menu-bar and a part of the navigation pane are visible. The main app-functionalities are not available

A path without “index.php” like …/apps/notes works fine

Nextcloud: 27,1,5,1:

…/index.php/apps/files/files wasn’t working while …/apps/files did

The same for:

…/index.php/apps/dashboard/

…/index.php/apps/notes/

Note that “files” in now working in this latest version.

I experimented with all tips I found in the forums around htaccess, unfortunately without success.

Any tips where to conduct further investigations will be appreciated, as I do not know the code yet.

Cheers,

Andreas

There seems to be an issue with uploading (nginx/postgres) files using an Android 10.0 device using Google Chrome 120/121.

It keeps hanging estimating the upload time, but never gets uploaded.

Using the Nextcloud app works though, sadly it has some UI drawbacks against the online version.

Thank you for the new RC

Unfortunately, the problem with changing the theme color in the administration panel with the “Disable user theming” function enabled is still present. #43229

Thanks for the updates. The two main issues for every day work still present in RC5, from my point of view:

2 Likes

I can confirm this bug, it is broken in 28.0.2 (latest/stable).

Setting a future expiration date is NOT POSSIBLE.

Fortsetzung der Diskussion von RC4 of Nextcloud 28.0.2:

Hey Nerds! :nerd_face: :wave:

I managed to get rid of all other error messages after updating to 28.0.2, but I do not understand how to resolve this one:

I have also checked and read this according bug: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/42989

Output of my curl command is:

~# curl -I https://cloud.sieh.org/apps/settings/js/esm-test.mjs
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 12:46:44 GMT
Content-Type: text/javascript
Content-Length: 109
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Referrer-Policy: no-referrer
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies: none
X-Robots-Tag: noindex, nofollow
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Last-Modified: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 08:37:21 GMT
ETag: "6d-6106205424576"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Cache-Control: max-age=15778463
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains

I don’t know, how to fix this. And - to be honest - I also don’t know, what the error message is trying to tell me! :thinking:

Maybe you can change it in nginx to:

I fixed the issue by adding the .mjs extension to nginx.conf like this:

types {
application/javascript mjs;
}

part of your link above

If you are using NGINX as webserver see this example config from the nextcloud/docker repo:

1 Like

Compare with the recommended nginx.conf in the documentation and report if there are still problems:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/installation/nginx.html

And there are still outstanding PR for this issue:

to put more information in the upgrade documentation.

I’m getting this same message, but I am using Apache webserver with an nginx upstream proxy.

$ curl -I https://my.nextcloud.tld/apps/settings/js/esm-test.mjs
HTTP/2 200 
server: nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 21:01:02 GMT
content-type: text/javascript
content-length: 109
referrer-policy: no-referrer
x-content-type-options: nosniff
x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
x-permitted-cross-domain-policies: none
x-robots-tag: noindex, nofollow
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block
last-modified: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 20:45:10 GMT
etag: "6d-6106c3028ad27"
accept-ranges: bytes
vary: Accept-Encoding
cache-control: max-age=15778463
strict-transport-security: max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains

The configs given for fixing this are all for when using nginx on the nextcloud host, which I am not (It’s in a docker container). It’s not even obvious from this output whether the test is successful!

I wasn’t getting this message on 28.0.1.

@politas & @henningsieh - At least one of you mentioned Docker. The check runs from in the container (or if not Docker, from the app/mod_php/fpm-php server) itself. Are you running curl from there or somewhere else?

I ran my curl outside the container. Would the check not also use the proxy address?

It will try all the hostnames defined in trusted_domains trying to find one that works.

Trying the curl command from inside the docker container, I get this:

curl: (7) Failed to connect to my.nextcloud.tld port 443 after 199 ms: Couldn't connect to server

pinging the hostname shows that it is resolving to the container’s internal network ip address, rather than the external DNS address

"Networks": {
    "nextcloud_internal_network": {
        "IPAMConfig": null,
        "Links": null,
        "Aliases": [
            "nextcloud-app",
            "app",
            "---------",
            "my.nextcloud.tld"
        ],
        "MacAddress": "----------------",
        "NetworkID": "------------------",
        "EndpointID": "------------------",
        "Gateway": "172.18.0.1",
        "IPAddress": "172.18.0.4",
        "IPPrefixLen": 16,
        "IPv6Gateway": "",
        "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
        "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
        "DriverOpts": null,
        "DNSNames": [
           "nextcloud-app",
           "app",
           "--------------",
           "my.nextcloud.tld"
        ]
    },

My container is based off the nextcloud
Docker Official Image
(Apache version), which I realise is no longer the supported docker method from Nextcloud, but I shudder at the thought of having to convert from my working setup to experimenting with an all-in-one that has very poor documentation. Also, it has a bunch of "can it do this? No, and it never will."s that rule it out for migrating.

Nothing has changed with that image. I use it. It’s the community Docker micro-services image. It’s widely used. They have different applications.

Unless you’re paying Nextcloud GmbH for support it’s also somewhat irrelevant.

It sounds like you’ve got your URL hostname in an /etc/hosts file or defined as a static in your Compose file or something.

EDIT: A forum admin should move this all to its own thread :slight_smile:

Agreed. I did have the hostname in my docker-compose file, which I presume I did while wrestling with the migration into the container.

Taking that out means the curl is now what I presume is a successful response. Hopefully nothing else will break as a result!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.