RC3 of Nextcloud 28.0.2

Maintenance releases of 28.0.2is coming next Thursday, as you may have noticed, and a third RC is now available on our download server. Ideally this will also be the last one :smiley:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!

We updated our servers, did our tests, and the release candidates seem pretty decent. Still, give it a whirl and report back here so we’re even more sure that it’s good to go! If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate Github repository! :bowing_woman:

Update
28.0.2 final is moved to Tue next week, 27.1.6 and 26.0.11 will be released as planned
/Update

Downloads

Changelog

28.0.2 RC3

1 Like

Thank you.
Is there any way I can gain access to my Nextcloud without knowing my admin password. I’ve tried getting it to email me a reset . But I never get the email I don’t have any users set up yet.
Thanks
Dan

Please permanently integrate the download monitoring function for administrator users of the shared folders

I’m now seeing some newer warnings in the Administrator Settings page:

Could not check for JavaScript support. Please check manually if your webserver serves .mjs files using the JavaScript MIME type.
2 errors in the logs since January 16, 2024

For the first one is there warning, is there a way to check what the value of $testURL is in the JavaScriptModules.php script? I want to see if thats what is generating the error.

Regarding the second warning, is there a way to clear the logs to get rid of that message?

Are you really on RC3? The javascript error should be fixed (given that your webserver is correctly configured to server *.mjs files). Please check [Bug]: v28 - Your webserver does not serve `.mjs` files using the JavaScript MIME type... · Issue #42989 · nextcloud/server · GitHub for details. If the error persists and configuration is correct on the webserver side, please open a new issue and reference the old one.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_user/reset_admin_password.html

Please open a new thread in case you need support with that. This is a news thread.

1 Like

I’m found bag in The Calendar.

Feel free to report at the calendar repo.

index.php/settings/apps not scrolling on safari, Mac, iPad, iPhone.

There is still a scrolling bug in Safari only on the Apps Page. The right column. Unable to scroll the view. Firefox seems to work. Only Safari, Desktop, iPad, iPhone

other views / pages scroll just fine.
everything did work before on NC 27 but after the update to NC 28 scrolling on the apps page is broken and sadly still is :frowning:

Could be related to this…

1 Like

I’m still stuck on 27.1.5 due to no updates for meta or news. The latter does however have an unstable alpha release for NC28. Any timescale for when these two might be NC28 ready?

Thank you all for feedback and testing.

For 28.0.2 we identified one issue that we consider a blocker, so we are planning to release an RC 4 tomorrow. The planned final release is then moved to Tue, 30th.

27.1.6 and 26.0.11 will be released tomorrow as planned.

2 Likes

Once again:

Hey there! Unfortunately, we stumbled upon an issue that’s putting a damper on our plans for a fresh release planned tomorrow so 28.0.2 will be delayed. We’re planning to release an RC4 tomorrow.

To ensure everything runs smoothly, we’re pushing the final release to Tuesday, the 30th. Thanks a bunch for your patience and understanding!

Note: 27.1.6 and 26.0.11 will be released tomorrow as planned.

1 Like

Yes I was on RC3. It looks like the issue is that there’s no support in the JavaScriptModules.php script for self-signed certificates in the curl command. If there was a flag or parameter that would account for that it in the script would fix the issue.

I can open an issue if you think that’s something you would support.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.